Military Transition Resources
All Logisticians transferring to civilian life need a list of contacts to keep them connected with the varied multitude of resources available. The links on this page provide a great starting point for Logisticians considering retirement.
SKILLS TO DEVELOP
Self assessment, resume writing, interviewing, letter writing
- Canada Co
- Partnered with educational institutions,
- Runs a Military Employment Transition (MET) program to align CF skills and training with employer needs (canadacompany.ca/MET),
- Running “10,000 jobs challenge” to place 10,000 vets over 10 years.
- Helmets to Hardhats
- Partnered with building trades unions & employers
- Offers apprenticeship programs
- The Prince’s Operation Entrepreneur
Provides servicemen and women transitioning from the CF with the education, financing and mentoring needed to launch and sustain successful businesses.
- Includes Based in Business (http://basedinbusiness.ca), which provides entrepreneurial training and mentoring)
- Veterans Transition Network
Teamed with Canadian Legion
- Group-based programs of transition services,
- 80 hours over 3 w/e over 3 months, focused on the transition process, the effects of trauma on the person, building skills for self-regulation and communication skills
- Federal Govt
Govt. of Canada initiatives to place veterans in the federal public service
- Includes funded training and vocational rehabilitation services
- True Patriot Love Foundation, Veteran Transition Advisory Council
Exploring ways in which private sector firms can effectively attract, recruit, and access military talent. Will work to address how the demand for talent can be met by retired and reserve military personnel.
- Treble Victor
Enables ex-military leaders to achieve their full potential in the marketplace through common values, teamwork, mentorship and networking
- CF/SCAN seminars
- Linked In
NB: Includes important and useful sub-groups:
- Hire Canadian Military
- Canadian Military Employment Transition
- Equivalency Programs
Trades equivalency programs
- Canada Job Bank
Federal government listing of available jobs.
- Career Compass Canada
A placement firm with a specific focus on transitioning military personnel